Friday, April 11, 2014

Blue Skies And Teardrops



Blue skies and teardrops got me down,
As the weeks draw in the wind keeps blowing 'round and 'round.

The title for this post is taken from one of my favorite songs from my teenage years. The version I particularly loved was by Lynn Morris. The weather we've had lately definitely reminds me of this, but I would replace "teardrops" with raindrops, as that would be more accurate for our weather. 


However, today was at the very least sunny with blue skies by the afternoon, even though the cold wind blew right through me at times. I think I'm really starting to get spring fever now.


I took the opportunity of going to church to wear a new spring hat I'd purchased off of eBay. It's a light golden straw beret with a velvet green bow in the back. I used a fairly substantial hat pin, but it was still prone to slide off my head, which reminds me that I need to learn how to better secure a hat with a hat pin. Right now I'm kind of willy nilly about the whole thing and am hit or miss as to effectiveness.

Outfit Details:
Hat-vintage purchase off eBay
Earrings-purchased from an Etsy seller that makes vintage inspired jewelry made to order.
Blouse-Maternity top purchased at Burlington Coat Factory two pregnancies ago
Skirt-Made by me and seen before here
Brooch-vintage dogwood blossom brooch from the Haggle Shop
Sweater-Old Navy purchase about five years ago
Shoes-Brown suede pumps I've had for years


I am officially halfway through this pregnancy and long for it to hurry along a little faster, and yet am nervous and feeling a little daunted at the prospect of being a mother of four. (That still sounds crazy to me!)For one thing, it makes me feel really old to know that I have four kids, and yet I wouldn't have it any other way.

My middy is also growing out, which is good and bad. Good, because I like the thought of having longer hair again. Bad, because I'm entering that netherworld of growing out a haircut, sort of a twilight zone where every day is an iffy hair day. So, I suppose I will need to start experimenting again with what will work now. I just don't like how my pin curl sets have been turning out, but then it could have a lot to do with the fact that no matter how it looked initially, it will look different after walking the four feet from my house to the car. *Sigh*

Do you have any tips for growing out a cut? 

2 comments:

  1. your hair looks very cute (especially in the last picture), i have to say ... the hat is perfect for this hair do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you're very sweet! I feel like I'm still learning how to wear hats and where to wear them and when to wear them as well. I do prefer my hair longer, but have to say I've enjoyed some of the looks you can achieve with a middy. Thanks for stopping by.
      Sarah

      Delete